THE DEADLINE FOR FILING AND PAYING YOUR TAXES HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 15, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 virus our office is temporarily closed as a health precaution. We appreciate your understanding during this uncertain time.
For questions regarding small business loans please contact your bank or visit the SBA website here.
For questions regarding unemployment please contact the KS DOL or the MO DOL to find out if you qualify.
For questions regarding the stimulus payments you can find answers here.
From the IRS:
- Social Security beneficiaries and Railroad Retirement beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file to receive a payment. Instead, payments will be automatically deposited into their bank accounts.
- People who don’t normally file a tax return can go to the IRS website here to input some basic information so they can receive the economic impact stimulus payment.
- For people who normally file a tax return can go to the IRS website here next week to choose how to receive the stimulus payment and update their direct deposit information or update their mailing address.
To file your income taxes online for free go here.
To check the status of your refund go here.
Changes related to filing your 2019 tax returns:
- The Treasury Department and IRS announced that the federal income tax filing due date is automatically extended from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020.
- Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for the automatic federal tax filing and payment relief. Individual taxpayers who need additional time to file beyond the July 15th deadline can file an extension to October 15, 2020.
- Taxpayers can also defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020 without penalties and interest, regardless of the amount owed.
- This deferment applies to all taxpayers, including individuals, trusts and estates, corporations, and other non-corporate tax filers as well as those who pay self-employment tax.
- This extension applies for contributions to a tax favored IRA plan.
- Kansas and Missouri have both extended their tax filing and payment deadlines to July 15, 2020
This relief is only available for:
- Federal income tax payments (including payments of tax on self-employment income) for a 2019 tax return.
- Federal estimated income tax payments due on April 15, 2020 for the 2020 taxable year.
- Estimated tax payments due June 15, 2020 are now due July 15, 2020.
Although the filing deadline has been extended we encourage you to get your tax documents in to us so we can prepare your 2019 tax return. Remember, even if we file your tax return before July 15, 2020 you are not required to pay any tax owed until July 15, 2020.
Thank you for visiting our website. Our website is professionally designed and managed to provide our clients and visitors with a profile of our firm as well as an overview of the services we provide. We also hope you will make use of the valuable resource tools and links our site provides. For our current clients, this site provides a secure highway for the transfer of information. Safeguarding your vital information is one of greatest concerns.
Personal service and attention has expanded our client base to over 500 clients, preparing Individual, Business, Estate and Gift Tax Returns. Please visit our Services tab to see all we have to offer. We look forward to hearing from you – we are here to help!