THE DEADLINE FOR FILING AND PAYING YOUR TAXES HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 15, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 virus our office is temporarily closed as a health precaution. You can send your documents electronically by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so we can set up a secure folder for you or by fax at (417) 459-4938. If you are unable to get your documents to us electronically please call to discuss your options. We appreciate your understanding during this uncertain time.
At this time, the IRS does not have any information available yet regarding stimulus or payment checks, which remain under consideration in Congress. When the IRS has more specific details available, we will make it available on this page. Please see below for information regarding the 2019 tax filing season.
- The Treasury Department and IRS announced that the federal income tax filing due date is automatically extended from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020.
- Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for the automatic federal tax filing and payment relief. Individual taxpayers who need additional time to file beyond the July 15th deadline can file an extension to October 15, 2020.
- Taxpayers can also defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020 without penalties and interest, regardless of the amount owed.
- This deferment applies to all taxpayers, including individuals, trusts and estates, corporations, and other non-corporate tax filers as well as those who pay self-employment tax.
- This extension applies for contributions to a tax favored IRA plan.
- Kansas and Missouri have both extended their tax filing and payment deadlines to July 15, 2020
This relief is only available for:
- Federal income tax payments (including payments of tax on self-employment income) for a 2019 tax return.
- Federal estimated income tax payments due on April 15, 2020 for the 2020 taxable year.
- There is no change as of this date for the estimated tax payments due June 15, 2020. That deadline has not changed.
Although the filing deadline has been extended we encourage you to get your tax documents in to us so we can prepare your 2019 tax return. Remember, even if we file your tax return before July 15, 2020 you are not required to pay any tax owed until July 15, 2020.
Thank you for visiting our website. Our website is professionally designed and managed to provide our clients and visitors with a profile of our firm as well as an overview of the services we provide. We also hope you will make use of the valuable resource tools and links our site provides. For our current clients, this site provides a secure highway for the transfer of information. Safeguarding your vital information is one of greatest concerns.
Personal service and attention has expanded our client base to over 500 clients, preparing Individual, Business, Estate and Gift Tax Returns. Please visit our Services tab to see all we have to offer. We look forward to hearing from you – we are here to help!